10.14.2011

fall decor

 [I decided to get creative and paint something for our mantle that would pull the living room together]
[One of the many sparkly skulls that serve as some glam yet spooky Halloween decor]
 [Fun matchbooks from the local folk art gallery and West Elm]
 [A beautiful, vintage book my gorgeous friend, Eleni, gave me for my Birthday]
 [More glittery skulls take center stage on the dining room table for October]
[Another sparkly skull to decorate the house for Halloween]

Here are a few changes I've made to the house to freshen things up and bring in the new season.  

I love decorating for the holidays, and Halloween is no exception.  Glittery black skulls (I got mine at Kirklands and Target) are a simple and chic way to make your home a bit more spooky.  Also, the city I live in is big on Halloween, so I'm looking forward to picking up a few more eerie accessories from the local folk art gallery this week - I'll keep you updated.

I'm also glad I finally sat down and busted out my painting supplies to do something for the mantle above the fireplace.  The structure and contrast of the paintings really tie the room together with all the random books and chotchkies we have lying around.  Painting also served as a nice, therapeutic experience.. There's something so relaxing about putting on a great album and completely immersing yourself into something.  I really need to do that more often.

xx
A
Follow lovely little vices.

No comments: