When it gets closer to Christmas, I start to crave indulgent deserts (one of my many lovely, little vices). This simple pie recipe definitely hits the spot. The dark chocolate gives the pie a fudge-like quality - it's simply amazing. It also only takes about an hour and a half until it's ready to eat. I recommend going all out and serving it with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
1-1/2 cup Hershey's Dark Chocolate
1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving
- **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
- RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
- NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
- High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.