10.13.2010

unexpectedly chic

3.1 Phillip Lim. McQ. Vanessa Bruno.3.1 Phillip Lim. Christopher Kane. Proenza Schouler.
Last year, I bought my first leather mini skirt.  I was hesitant to wear it at first (due to the fact that I don't live in the most fashion-forward of cities), but once I wore it out, I was hooked.  It was an unexpected element that made everything I wore it with feel edgy and eclectic.  So, naturally, this season I'm looking to add more unexpected leather items to my wardrobe.  I just received the most gorgeous leather jacket that you will soon be seeing me in, so now I have my sights set on some leather shorts.  They're highly versatile and perfect paired with anything from a slouchy sweater and tights, a little lace top, or a silk tank and blazer - think soft, feminine items.  Most of the leather shorts found online are rather pricey for a trendier item, so if you want to play around with them before you commit to the real thing, check out Zara, H&M, or Forever 21.  These can get you started.. Happy shopping!

xx
A
Follow lovely little vices.

No comments: